History

Originally founded in 1945, McCarron & Sullivan began as an engineering firm providing mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection engineering services to institutional clients in the greater Boston area.  In 1956, Robert W. Sullivan began an independent practice focused on plumbing, fire protection, site and sanitary engineering.  In the mid 1990’s Robert W. Sullivan, Inc, became R.W. Sullivan Engineering and the firm’s services were expanded to include full mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire protection design services, as well as building code consulting.  With the firm’s new identity came a new generation of leadership and new engineering technologies, but the tradition of excellence has remained absolute for over 60 years.